Thursday, June 19, 2014

Kamado Joe - Memphis Fried Egg Burger



While walking the butchers counter trying to decide what I wanted for dinner I watched one of the staff come out from the back and lay down a stack of burgers for the customer ahead of him in line..decision made.. once burgers are on the mind there is only one way to get them off…

This is my second burger cook since becoming a Kamado Joe owner, and since my first cook was right on the grill, full flavour, I decided to test out what a burger cook would be like using my grill grates.





I lowered the racks and got the fire up to about 400 degrees fairly quickly.  Once there I  put the grill grates in place and then gave them a minute to heat up (i wanted that grill grate sear)



before putting the burgers on, I gave the grates a temp check with my new toy, an infrared thermometer gun.. ah, so close to  500 should make this a quick cook, leaving the meat juicy




Thats the marks I was looking for.. once fully cooked I added some shredded aged cheddar and gave it a minute to melt (lid closed). To finish this burger up, I placed sliced picked (Nathans) and a home made BBQ sauce I picked up from serious eats.com (see below link).. to top it off I added a sunny-side-up fried egg

Burger fix officially accomplished


Sauces & Rubs

(1) Memphis Style BBQ Sauce (seriouseats.com)


Heat Source & Tools

(1) Kamado Joe (red bag) Charcoal 
(2) Grill Grates 
(3) Infrared Temperature Gun





No comments:

Post a Comment